Friday, September 10, 2010

"Be the change you want to see in the world."-Ghandi

A Day of Respect

Today, my blog is taking a serious note in honor of "A Day of Respect". I'm sure everyone has heard of the group of so called Christians that want to burn the Quran. Well today I wrote "Respect" on my arm in protest of this. This is a huge issue! How are we ever going to have peace if we don't tolerate other religions? The war in Iraq is finally ending, but it seems like that just isn't enough. I feel like a lot of people aren't taking this seriously because it's of the Islamic religion. A lot of people have problems with this religion just because of the stereotypes. I'm not Muslim, but I do stand up for their rights. They are no different than anyone else. They just worship differently. If a group decided to burn Torahs there would be a huge protest, and an even bigger one if they decided to burn Bibles! It's wrong no matter what religion you're discriminating. I know a universal religion would never be possible, and it'd be wrong for other people to give up what they believe in for what someone else believes in. Although universal religion isn't possible, tolerance for all religions should be! I don't care if I sound naive, but I think peace should be possible. It's 2010 people!!! We have had wars in the past, and they destroy families and end lives! When will we learn?! Religion should not be an issue of controversy. Believe what you want to believe! It's your freakin' business! And isn't Christianity all about being a good person and respecting others? Well, how is disrespecting a religion and burning their Bible equivalent Christian?

No comments:

Post a Comment