Sunday, September 12, 2010

"Never think that God's delays are God's denials."-Anon

I'm really trying to strengthen my relationship with God. My family isn't very religious, so we never went to church. Naturally, I went through a phase where I didn't believe in God as well. Then in the past two years I realized that I want to be close to Him. I've started going to church occasionally. I pray every night. But this isn't supposed to be about what I'm doing to become a better Christian, but why! I feel like I (everyone actually) gets so distracted by things that really aren't important. We try to alter the route that God has set out for us. I get so frustrated with Him sometimes. I constantly ask, "Why me??" Whenever things go wrong I turn to God which isn't a bad thing, but I should be turning to Him when things are great too! I should thank God for every thing's that going right, not just complain and pray about things that are going wrong. I always wish things were different, but I need to learn to accept the route that God has set out for me. I need to follow his way and stay on track. Everything happens for a reason. There's this quote, "Dance with God, and He'll let the perfect Man cut in." or something like that. I wish I could do that; wait for Him to let happen what I want to happen. Someday everything will go as I want it, but until then, I need to accept my life as it is. So I pray and thank God for everything that he does for me, and I ask Him to help me stay on track and help me walk with him. As for today's quote, "Never think that God's delays are God's denials.": although things may not be how I want them to be at the moment doesn't mean God doesn't know what he's doing. He is not ignoring you or denying you. He is just waiting for the right moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment